View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 03:13 AM   #16
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Okay, I have done some further testing. I have checked my wife's machine and it is running calibre version 2.44.1. It displays NONE of the issues I am seeing here. Everything is instanteous - including saving new metadata. It is 64bit.

I uninstalled 3.7 and installed 2.44.1. It is still exhibiting the same probelms. I uninstalled and then installed 1.48 (all 64bit) and it was a lot better, but still not as quick as my wife's machine. I have reinstalled 3.7 and nothing has changed.

One thing I have noticed. If I have the MDE windows open and click next, I can cycle through them clicking next as fast as I can and it will jump to the next book just as fast. However, if the "Tag" field is empty, then calibre pauses for a beat or more before moving to the next book??

I have uninstalled LibreOffice. Obivously, no change. I think my next step is to remove calibre completely, and then setup from scratch again without any plugins to see if anything changes.

Oh the joy of new systems!
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote