View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyNite444 View Post
Tried all permutations of my question on this forum still not finding what I want.
I have limited hard drive space but do have external storage. Wish to start my collection on these ext-drives. How do I get the icon on my desktop to recognize new location? and connect to it?
So that when I click the Calibre icon on my desktop it knows to go to my, D, G, E or what ever external connection (SD card) just as if it was set up to go to my normal computers (built in) hard drive. Now I have posted this many times and have never gotten an answer, so perhaps my question is even more incredibly confusing than I imagined. If that is the case will someone...ANYONE ask me additional questions to help me to understand what I am not describing correctly so that I can then be helped, guided and aided through this particular en devour. And so that you will know, I can edit metadata, eliminate copies, create covers and many many of the other options with Calibre but for some reason this specific thing just eludes me. Please help.
No problem with installed (not portable) Calibre.
Calibre remembers where the LAST USED library was and will open there.

Use the OS (disk manager) to lock the drive letter. I chose L: (for Library), that way it will not be USB port sensitive

With Calibre NOT RUNNING
User the OS to MOVE the Library folder to the new drive (the default name is: Calibre Library, but you can do this with ANY valid Library)

Start Calibre.DON'T PANIC when it complains: Library Not found
(I think it aske if it was moved) answer the question with the new location
OR
right-click the Library Icon: Create Switch: USE EXISTING: <location>

done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote