View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #528
n3rd4i
n3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to beholdn3rd4i is a splendid one to behold

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
Hello

I have an issue with my kindle ( 3/ keyboard)
Well i've installed the following hacks:

Previous i have installed:
- Jailbreak version "kindle-jailbreak-0.6.N", and
- ScreenSaver hack, version "kindle-ss-0.26.N", from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...88&postcount=1

I the wanted to install Duokan as specified:
- 1) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150175
- 2) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=967

So i've followed the instruction but i was getting a failure (depending on the try i was getting U007, U006 and U004 errors).
I've searched solutions and some say that i whould need a newer jailbreak for this Duokan to work so i've tryied and tryied so uninstall "kindle-jailbreak-0.6.N" but i could'nt (i remmember errors U007).

First i've uninstalled the SS then the Jailbreak 6, i says successfull, but when i tryied to install JailBreak 11, says "Another jailbreak present... bla bla"
In that moment then i realised i was having installed the following hacks:
- kindle-usbnetwork (dont remmember the exact version) hack
- readabilitymod-0.1 hack (for exp browser)
- freedownload_0.x (dont remmember the version installed) hack (for exp browser)
- and kindlet prerequisites:
- update_k3_B008_kindlet_jailbreak
- update_k3_B008_devcerts

So i've uninstall all of the above hacks, and i then re-Uninstall the Jailbreak 6 successfull again, then reboot, then install Jailbreak 11, this time the install was a success, then i tryied to install Duokan and fails this time, then i reboot and try again and it worked.

Now i was having Duokan and KindleOS as dual boot, so i've changed the default KindleOS as default OS from here:
- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=18
Only that my install was not Lite, was Full, so my config file is locate somewhere else like:
- /mnt/us/DK_System/xKindle/config.ini
So i've appended "DefaultSystem=3"

Then i've installed all my previous installed hacks:
In that moment then i realised i was having installed the following hacks:
- ScreenSaver (Latest)
- kindle-usbnetwork (Latest)
- readabilitymod-0.1 hack (Latest)
- freedownload_0.x (Latest)

- and kindlet prerequisites:
- update_k3_B008_kindlet_jailbreak (latest)
- update_k3_B008_devcerts (latest)

I've tryied Kindlet, worked fine (ver. 0.4)

Now in my mind i was having a fully functional device with the 2 OS but there was a problem that i found later:
- the Experimental Browser in KindleOS was seems to not be able to start anymore
Well when go for experimental >> Web Browser from a reboot, the system just hangs there, with no screen update, and i can only do the following:
- I can use Launchpad to launch some console / chess / etc applications
- I can force refresh with Shift + G (i should try printscreens)
But the screen update is hang there.

So i've tryied to connect it to PC. No screen update there...
I've ejected from PC (the PC was recongnising it as a MassStorage successfull) and observe that there was no screen update...

After a while (more than 30 mins i think or lots of hours) i just left the Kindle alone for some time then i done the following:
- ive insterted in USB (Detected as MassStorage)
- ejected from USB (ejected succesfull)
Then after 1 minute or So the screen started working with the history of actions that i've done when screen was not updated.... Very strange behavoir... but after that the system worked this way:
- I was manage to see the menus but the screen is not yet functional
- ive selected experimental browser and this time worked, showed the bookmarks... and then in this "restart cycle" the browser works

After a restart i whould have the same issue over again...
Any ideas?

Edit2: I have some saved logs after the following:
I dont undestand from where to where the save log saves...

- I've restarted Kindle
- I've tryied Exp Browser
- Screen hangs now, i cant use anything but some hacks
- I waited several hours
- I've connected / removed from PC, started working
- used command ";debugOn" and after that, ";dumpMessages"
Whould this help ?

Last edited by n3rd4i; 03-03-2013 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Edit: cut some unused lines
n3rd4i is offline   Reply With Quote