View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 12:33 PM   #33
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What eBooks don't have chapters starting on a new page/screen? I've not seen this.
I've seen that occasionally from Gutenberg, as well as once every paragraph on a new page.
This one https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/43069 produced a page break per paragraph.

They update without revision history so a title linked today may be fine. It tends to be some of the shorter books with no page break. They might be copying the original as I have paper books with inline chapter breaks. Maybe to save paper during wartime?

Also the bad formatting might be only one version of format.

I convert ALL Gutenberg to remove line-height, change spaced to indented paragraphs and "smarten punctuation", but that's not manual editing.
Sometimes they use nested blockquotes instead of a single larger margin and that can break rendering.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-13-2024 at 12:36 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote