View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #28
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Ok, you're running the show, but (a) it really wouldn't be that complicated to do it the way I indicated, and (b) the method you are using guarantees that the same tired small list of classics will be chosen; that it, is just about impossible for lesser-known classics to be read because multiple people won't think about voting for them in one round. It tends to mean that the poorest read people (of classics) will make the choice of what the group will read, if you think about it, because they won't have heard of many classics except for a few super-famous ones, and the well-read people will think of many classics but they will split their votes among them.
I think, in general, we aren't a poorly read group, and I'm not sure I see how your way would guarantee something lesser known would get selected. Not to mention that often when others have read the winning book, they'll go on to read another selection from the list. I expect that will be the case here.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote