View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #25
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
If you have never seen a "book" that was backlit then you are very new to ebook readers. My original Rocket EBook was backlit, and that was handy ... although it was a bit of a strain on the eyes and a drain on the battery.

And, you can't read an e-ink page "anywhere ... without eye strain." You need to have a good source of light. Anything else will cause eye strain.
He was clearly meaning real books, not past readers.

I don't get all the light complaints either--with people complaining about compact flourescent bulbs etc. I've never had any issue with any light bulb anywhere I've tried to read--be it a real book or the Kindle (though I've only been reading it for a few days).

But maybe that's an age thing (I'm 30) or an issue for people who read for very long stretched (I generally only read for 1-2 hours continuously).

As for the battery issue, I have the K1, but the non-replaceable battery in the K2 wouldn't have deterred me from getting one. Reader tech is still pretty limited, so by the time I killed the K2 battery it would be at least 2-3 years down the road and I'd be ready to buy the latest and greatest new gadget anyway.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote