Thread: ePub to Word
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, DSpider

To answer your last question first: we're talking about multiple punctuation changes, changes of tense, adding or deleting or changing many phrases or sentences ... and probably more that I've forgotten. When I say multiple or many I mean scores if not hundreds of changes. I'm not sure if the author has kept an up to date version of the Word file.

The way I make ebooks is to get the original Word file, then mark it up to be valid XHTML files, then make the appropriate content.opf and toc.ncx files, and then package the lot up into ePub. I use an HTML editor - not Sigil, but one I used when I was dabbling in website design.

I didn't know that Word could read HTML files, but I don't use Word myself, I use LibreOffice. I'll check to see if that or OpenOffice.org can read HTML and convert the files into Word.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote