View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #37
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMPoole View Post
So did Embiid. I had a bunch of stuff I'd purchased from there. Including their entire Liad/Korval catalog. Had to repurchase everything when they went down. They did everything right. Notified everybody, instructed how to backup everything, they even kept the servers up for months after they shutdown. Nothing is more obsolete than a DRM system that doesn't support current software or any reader at all. I can still read them on my Pilot, but I've moved on. As lessons go, it wasn't that expensive. Thank Baen.

I'll stumble on and fill in the missing pieces someday.
I downloaded them, removed the DRM and moved on. No books lost, simply the ability to re-download them.

But a good reason to kill DRM: DRM is making us all into felons, simply because we like to listen to music or read books, on devices we decide.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote