View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #327
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
So my question for those having problems is are these pics a good example? It looks like the northern lights are shining on the screen in some of those pics (although she doesn't seem to mind/notice it), if my screen looked like that it would drive me nuts.

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/b...hite-my-review
Yeah, although hers appears worse than mine. Mine are fainter, and are subject to lighting conditions and the backlight itself. For example, they are pretty obvious in my crappy overhead office flourescents, but not so bad in dim CFL lights at home. But yes, the cloudy, bluish, darker/lighter patches are there. Unfortunately it's one of those things where I didn't really notice it until I'd read too many other people talking about it (and, indeed, after I'd posted a quick review warning people not to let that kind of thing bother them).

I figured since I was immune to the alleged early iPad 1 problems (yellow tinge, light bleed, etc), that this was a similar thing that my eyes just weren't sensitive enough to notice. But nope, it's there, and I'm on the fence about going for a return (as per my post upthread). I really want to see if a "perfect" screen even exists for this technology, but for that to happen I think we'll have to have someone who is familiar with the problem and knows how to photograph it actually get a 'bad' and a 'good' one side by side.

Last edited by Trauma Doll; 10-04-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote