View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #36
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't you mean "alleged conspiracy"? Surely they are entitled to a presumption of innocence. That's why we have trials.
I'm sorry but I'm not the judge.
So I'm allowed to jump ahead to the likely outcome. If you look at my posts, I'm not debating anybody's innocence--I had them pegged as guilty from the day the conpiracy announced the Price Fix--I'm wondering what the penalties will be like.

I'm hoping Apple will have to divest itself of iBooks and every Apple exec will be shadowed by a DOJ "intern" for the next century.

(Not to beat a dead horse, but collusion is a standard business practice at Apple: http://www.businessinsider.com/new-e...ges-low-2012-1)

What I fear is they'll get fined a billion and a half and told not to do it again.

What I expect is something in the middle since they are a serial colluder.
But unless Judge Cote has a Cayman Islands bank account that just got a big infusion of cash via Ireland, "innocent" is not anywhere on my radar for this case.

Sorry.
(Page 81 of the DOJ brief and Mr Shanks' testimony makes it pretty much an open and shut case for me.)

Quote:
Five publishers named in the lawsuit have settled. The judge had urged Apple to do the same, though she assured Apple a fair trial Monday, saying: "The deck is not stacked against Apple unless the evidence stacks the deck against Apple."
http://www.mercurynews.com/business/...ource=autofeed

Last edited by fjtorres; 06-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote