View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Seems odd that one of the menu items at the bottom says 'ebook shop' if it doesn't have WiFi.
My TrekStor Pyrus Mini's home page is similar, with an icon labeled, "Get more eBooks" Like the Maxi, it has no WiFi. When you select the "Get more eBooks" icon, you go to a page that starts out, "New and interesting eBooks easily obtainable via the TrekStor eReader Suite." It goes on for a bit, touting the benefits of using their eReader Suite, such as "continuous updates" and synchronization.

Further along it reads, "Your favorite eBook shop is already integrated into the TrekStor eReader Suite. Browse eBooks conveniently and easily on your PC or MAC. Discover the latest bestsellers or find those books you've always wanted to read."

One small problem with that, though. I never got their included eReader Suite to install (the Mini ships with the Suite already in its memory) and almost bricked my Mini when I tried installing it from their website. As far as i know, no one has been able to install it.

I wasn't planning on buying books through their Suite, but wanted the access to updates.

Calibre recognized my Pyrus Mini right away and I use it for ebook management.

I love my Pyrus Mini and it's now my favorite ereader I own. It's perfect for keeping in your pocket for instant use.
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote