View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@bizzybody/dwanthny - modifying the css via this plugin is one of those things I personally have avoided to date, though I guess Idolse must be doing with his additions to this plugin. It has to be done in a bulletproof way while minimising the changes to the css, which means not using third party css parsing code for instance.

You have to handle potentially mutiple css files, and also inline css as well...
I haven't taken the leap and done my whole library with the plugin yet, but I've modified dozens if not a couple hundred ePub's css using this plugin. The code works in all the ways you describe at this point - multiple css files are supported, inline styles in the html, etc. It would be trivial to modify other css styles - the other thing it seems people want is to automatically add/remove justification.

I think the trick would be to apply all the css modifications at once though, so it would require a bit of a re-design of the current function - basically a top level modify css, then a bunch of sub-functions - sort of like heuristics.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote