View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #331
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCard View Post
I own both the K3 (that I just picked up today for 89 bucks) and the KT. I have looked extensively at both screens, and I find the K3 more pleasing to the eye, the background is just a shade brighter/warmer. Again, it is such a tiny difference that it is splitting hairs - both are nice screens. If I had to pick one though, I would go with the K3 as the slightly better screen.

Here's a picture I took just now.. which doesn't really show much difference, but YMMV:

There's a difference. The one on the right is angled and the text is out of focus. It's a depth thing with the camera having the one on the left in focus while not so much the one on the right which seems to be sloped a bit.

I have a hard time reading the text on the one on the right but it's not because of the devices, in this case.

Oh, also notice that the "Kindle" name at the top, which is not part of the screen, is also out of focus. So it's not the screen.

Having said that, I'll add that I have a good K3 and have used a lot of pictures over the year with it on the blog. My K5 (the Touch and not the $79 one) is even better. Sharp, good blacks, high contrast and even more of a pleasure. I happen to have a liighter background on the K5 but the K3 was always considered a good K3 and measured up well against the DX.

These things seem to really differ by batches.

- Andrys
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote