View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Thank you all for your replies. I made another attempt at inserting the alternate card which mirrors the original and unfortunately the Aura froze, book covers turned to blanks and no processing was evident, i.e., black processing screen. Perhaps the number of books is the reason (about 90). @davidfor - I suspect you are right that there is a timestamp or some other file created that differentiates the two cards even though the content is identical.
90 books is nothing I have a card that usually has about 500 that I use for testing. Some people report 5000 books work OK but take some time.
Quote:
I am perplexed as to why something so straightforward is not functioning as expected. I think I will have to resort to RZetlin's method and start with a blank card and add the books back via Calibre
I had a card that my Touch didn't see. The two others worked perfectly, and they were all OK in the PC or a phone. But, this one card didn't work. I reformatted with a different tool, and it has worked perfectly since then. I can't think of what the tool was, but it has been mentioned here a few times.

But, there have been just enough comments about the Aura and the SD card, that maybe there is something wrong at the hardware or firmware level. The Touch had problems with recognising some cards. The formatting fixed some, but others have been fixed with the different firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote