View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #1
jread
jread began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question T1 - Can not change Firmware (downgrade) nor root, settings not persistant

Hello,

I have an Sony PRS T1. I had it rooted because of one reason: I want to simply access the data on the SD card in an explorer style. I hate to be forced to use this pre-installed library thingy from Sony (same for other devices).
But decided to go back to the original Firmware because I consider it more stable.
I manged somehow to do this (don't ask my why, I don't remember). The problem was, that the settings could not be stored anymore.

What do I mean with 'Settings'? When the reader starts, it asks for language, location and date/time.

As long as I use the device everything is fine - until I reboot it. Than again it asks for the same stuff. It does not remember my previous data. This happens over and over again.

To solve the issue I tried to update the firmware. This time I used the latest version 1.0.07.05070. I used that windows executable to update the device - and it worked. The device shows now the version 1.0.07.05070. But it did not solve the problem of persistent settings.

Moreover I'm not able to downgrade the to an older version. Neither by using the windows executable (it simply says it is up to date because a newer version is found), nor by using the batch file to copy data onto the reader and restart, nor by simply copy the update.package file manually and reboot it (home+menu button pressed).
It tells me that it is updating.... but it does nothing. I always and up with the latest firmware.

At the moment I'm desperately stuck. I wouldn't care with which firmware I end up, rooted or not. All I want is to have the device working without having to do the settings every time the device boots.

I'm open to suggestions on how to achieve this.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!!

J
jread is offline   Reply With Quote