View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
larryy
larryy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryy View Post
...the text is just so small for your typical two-column journal article that I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it.
Having said that, I thought I should follow up and note that a bit of experimenting with --hres, --vres, and -m portrait-2col produced much more readable text. It splits page-spanning figures in half, but this is closer to being actually usable. I wish there was a -m mode that split the page in half horizontally, like portrait-2col, but broke the pages down into as many pages as necessary to display the columns in landscape mode. That would make the text large enough to be comfortably usable, I think. (Unfortunately, this is not what -m landscape-2col does, or at least I never found parameters that would make it work this way.)

I haven't had time to dig a great deal deeper... Is there perhaps enough fine-grained control to do what I'm asking already?

And, nrapallo, I doubt I can possibly help with changes until the summer, but it's conceivable I could look into importing some of PaperCrop's logic into pdfread then. I'm way not promising, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. The more I can use my Kindle for the reading of journal articles, the happier I'll be!
larryy is offline   Reply With Quote