View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Worst Books: What Not to Read 2016

I thought it might be fun to talk about what was the worse read of say, the past year.

I read Our Young Man by Edmund White. I was embarrassed for the author. It was one of the worst novels by a capable writer I have read in a very long time.

I only read the whole thing because I had read some of White's other books and they had some literary merit, so I figured that there would be a twist at the end that would make the whole ordeal of reading the book worthwhile. There wasn't. It just stops basically, as if he got to a point where his word count was up to the minimum he needed to publish the book.

It would never have been published by a large publishing house if he had not been a well-known author.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote