View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Glo - Lost factory reset

Okay, so this is what I did..
I took out my internal sd card to resize the fat32 partiton, my glo has a 4gb but was only partitioned for 2.. anyhow, I Tried to make a backup, but I guess the tool I used (windd) started to image one ext partition to the other. So, I just let it go, cause I didn't want to break anything by stopping it in the middle. I then made a good backup using another tool (i think)...I resized the fat32 partition and put it back in the glo...everything booted okay. It tells me I have 3253MB now. The problem is when I go to factory reset, it just reboots and does not reset the kobo...i assume this is because I make a copy of the system partition to the recovery partition by mistake...is is possible to get my recovery back or would I need to image the sd card with someone elses recovery? would that cause a problem with the serial number of my kobo?

Update: My backup did not work, I tried to restore it to a different sd card and it failed to boot.
KevinShort is going to be providing me with an sd image soon, so that should fix my problem.

Feel free to delete/close this mod

Last edited by freekobo; 01-14-2013 at 04:29 PM.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote