View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
RichieTheK
Enthusiast
RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That message says NO ticked formats were available.

AGAIN
The order of the DEVICE plugin list sets the preference ORDER
it says, if all or any of the ticked formats exist, send the First with a tick.
I understand that the order of the formats sets a preference hierarchy. This makes sense if there are multiple formats for a given book as it specifies the preferred format to send.

I see no problem with how this works if I am sending only one book or several books of the same format. There is also no problem if I am trying to send a book that is in a format that is not ticked; conversion to the top ticked format is appropriate.

The problem arises if I want to send several books that do not have the same format. My tick list is, in order, epub, pdf, cbz, cbr. If I select a book that has only epub format and another that has only pdf format, I cannot send them both at once in their native format, even though both formats are ticked. If I try to send both, I have to select one of the two formats from the "Choose format" popup. If I select epub, then I get the "No suitable formats" popup for the pdf. Then the choice I have is to convert the pdf to epub (clicking "Yes") or not sending the pdf (clicking "No").

I feel that this is cumbersome because it forces me to perform multiple send operations based on format, e.g. send all books already in epub format (choosing the format epub, or simply clicking "OK" as epub is the preferred format), then send all books that are in pdf format (choosing the format pdf to avoid conversion to epub).

All this arises because the "Choose Format" popup only allows one choice and forces conversion to that choice. If it allowed multiple selections, it would be possible to send books of differing formats natively in the same send operation. The ordered list of formats would be used to select which format to send if a book existed in multiple (ticked) formats. Another option would be to keep the single format choice, ask for permission to convert books of other formats, but send them natively if conversion is declined and the current format of the book is a ticked format. If conversion is declined and the current format is not a ticked format, the book would not be sent.

I can live with this as it stands, but it just seems awkward.
RichieTheK is offline   Reply With Quote