View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I don't think the next one will be super cheap. Cheaper, yes. But they must have a color screen to remain competitive with the touchscreen color devices (yes the iPad).

I'm sure those mirasol screens aren't that cheap to buy, so that will keep the Kindle price relatively stable. We might see a $400 Kindle DX 2, $200 Kindle 3.

I predict a color screen, slightly cheaper price point, models coming with 8 or 16gb and Amazon really promoting the heck out of magazine and newspaper subscriptions. It will be very popular and it will also be another nail in the coffin for print newspapers.

I hope the new Kindle isn't a touchscreen device. Dedicated e-readers don't need touch imo, generic devices with apps/games like the iPad do.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote