View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Well, my reader doesn't rotate the images, so in the case of a very wide image, say three times as wide as high, if I put it upright my Kobo HD will give me an image size of 1080 x 360 px. If I turn it by 90 degrees, I will get 1440 x 480 px, which means a picture area larger by 77.8%.

If you have a reader that does auto-rotate, you're perfectly right, of course. Hence: two versions needed.
Yes, but...I guess what I don't understand is, are you making this for yourself, or for others?

Why not embed it at 1440x480, and allow it to resize to the width of the portrait viewer when viewed that way? Won't it still be 1440x 480, when you rotate it back to your landscape view?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote