View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 03:14 AM   #1
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Advice needed on full-page images and auto-rotating readers

The last book I uploaded to our library is a book with many full-page illustrations, many of which are much wider than high. In formatting the book, I followed a time-hallowed tradition in printed books and turned those images by 90 degrees in order to better use the screen space. Works great with my reader - I turn it like I would a printed book and can look at the picture.

Now, however, I have had a request to produce a version without the rotated images because the person's reader seems to do the tablet thing and auto-rotate, making it impossible to look at the pictures properly.

My question: How many readers are there that do that? Especially, how many on which you can't switch off the function? Is it necessary to produce two versions of illustrated books?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote