View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #26
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My mileage does indeed vary . In all the years I've used Kindles (since the K3), I've never needed to do a factory reset, or had a Kindle do one of its own accord.
I don't think I ever did one on my K1 even. None of my kindles. K1, K3, basic button, Voyage, Oasis. I did do one on the PW1 I couldn't use because I gave it to my husband who has his own account and I wanted him to have a clean kindle.

I think now that I think of it, that PW1 did cause me to do a factory reset once before that. It was when they introduced the cloud thingy which made it work so badly that I about gave up. It didn't help though and I gave it to hubby then anyway. He only has a handful of books on his account so it doesn't cause him those issues.

I don't put every book I own on my kindles, but there are usually about 300 or so on it. I own over 3000. I also have a lot of collections. I think that is why the PW1 choked on me. Haven't had any issues with kindles after that one though.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote