View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #229
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I wonder if dedicated readers are more popular among us heavy readers?
Without a doubt. I believe a much bigger percentage of heavy readers own dedicated readers than the population at large but that is not surprising, we are after all a self-selected group.

I'm on my 3rd ereader (Nook, Nook Touch and now Kobo Glo) and if a new device comes out with a marked improvement (like the Glo was, at least for me) then I'll buy it.
I'm not rich but I read regularly (probably 12-13 hours a week minimum) and my reading is immersive so if I stare at a screen for a long time then I'd rather have the best I can get for my eyes.

As for the death of ereaders, I think reports of their death are greatly exaggerated.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote