View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #294
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Red face

I preferred Volkhov at first, but I've now settled for Arvo. Both are great. Arvo is similar to Caecilia in the Kindle app.

I should add I use Marvin almost exclusively in Night Mode ("Fulvous" text colour on pitch-black background at about 75% brightness), because I prefer reading on hardware e-ink Kindles (especially Kindle DX) in daytime.

In Stanza, I preferred the very nice Futura for Night Mode, and Georgia for Day Mode. (Both are also available in Marvin.)

The great thing about Arvo is that it seems equally suitable for Night Mode and Day Mode. And that's quite an achievement, because serif fonts usually look bad (too indistinct) in Night Mode. Not Arvo!

I also read Russian e-books in Marvin, and for them, unfortunately, none of the fonts Marvin promotes at the top of the fonts list is available. So, for Russian texts, I need to go to Verdana. Verdana is a fine font, but so ubiquitous it seems slightly boring. I do prefer Verdana for headings in all situations, though, so my preferred Marvin combination is Arvo for text, Verdana for headings.