View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
LandSurveyor
infrequent visitor
LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung smartphone, HP Touchpad, searcing for the best e-ink device
Actually, I just read an article in an industry paper that says that the Xoom has sold 100,000 units in the first month so that's not really bad.

Being pretty broke right now, I bought a $100 Android tablet from CVS, of all places. It comes with an ereader. Since it's not an expensive model, I don't expect too much but I expect that I will replace it later with some sort of e-ink machine. Much better on my eyes and the batteries.

I mentioned on another forum that I couldn't see quite where tablets fit into my life. There's really not enough space between my PDA and my computer, I said. Others responded that train commuters in the big metros are snapping them up in droves to fill that otherwise empty space morning and evening. So I guess it fits a space for some people in being more portable than a laptop but having a bigger display than a PDA.

Tablet prices will indeed come down, just like all tech stuff.
LandSurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote