View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks for the replies Charles.

I see that smart_update() was the secret ingredient to make the subclassing work, thanks for all the effort of the example etc. I've changed my code, but I wouldn't say I was overly delighted with putting prefixes in front of all the functions and attributes as future protection. As I only wanted a handful of attributes off the mi for use in my plugin I'm not sure that any perceived gain is worth the negatives of readability, but at least I now know "how" to do it, thanks.

That set_all_custom_metadata call looks like the special call I was after, thanks. That and confirming I wasn't doing something stupid with the behaviour I was seeing.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote