View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 04:05 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Good device for its time (I had one myself), but there were issues. The company went bust basically because they were unable to meet the promises they'd made for battery life, and this was a device whose battery life was very, very short indeed. With a 5-yo battery (which may well be completely dead, with no replacements easily available - if, indeed at all) I'd be very wary.

The second major issue is that, as I'm sure you recall, you couldn't just copy files onto the device directly - you had to transfer them via a program that you ran on your PC. Will that program run on current versions of Windows?

I'd be extremely cautious of this, personally. There are other 10"+ devices on the market if that's your need.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote