View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
indiaink
sic vita est
indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KK, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo49 View Post
I've recently bought a new PC with Windows 8. Does anyone know how to read Mobi files using the Kindle App?

I just don't see any way to add these files from the Kindle App at all, just seems to connect directly with Amazon to download from the CLOUD.
You'll need to download Kindle for Windows 7 - from a discussion over at Amazon, here's the scoop: Download it here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000426311

An installer program downloads first. It takes a couple minutes. When it is finished, the Kindle reader will be installed on your machine. When you launch it the first time you will be prompted to register by providing your Amazon.com user name (i.e. e-mail address) and password. After that you are good to go. Click on any .mobi files in your system and Kindle will launch. Click the Library button in Kindle and you will see that each new .mobi title you have clicked on and opened has been added to your library of books.
indiaink is offline   Reply With Quote