View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you have your cover XML in your ePub setup correctly, it won't matter the size of the cover image as it will then resize to fit by shrinking or enlarging as needed. What I do is if the cover is larger then 1024 lines, I reduce it to 1024. That fits nicely in all cases I've found. If the cover image is smaller, I just leave it be.

If you do find your cover image to be 510x680, it's aspect ratio is off and you'll need to find another cover image that's aspect ratio correct..
Well, the nice feature in this is indeed that you're able to correct the aspect ratio.
So I'll just take a look at the ratio's of my covers and change them accordingly.

I've been looking for this option for a long time myself. The case is, I have a lot of big covers. I only need a small one for quick identification.
While a lot of covers are downloaded, I can't tell calibre to get the cover from the file. (which would result in a correct size). So I needed to manually correct the files one by one or use an external tool to do so.

This plugin causes me a lot less trouble doing so.
Great work kiwidude!!!
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote