View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
From what my wife had to say when we tried a Kindle Unlimited subscription, it's not the lazy old cliches, it was the books that seemed to be recycled as if written from a very limited supply of story outlines with only the names changed to protect the guilty. Trad publishing tends to do the same with some themes but not to the same unanimity as she was seeing with a good chunk of the indie authors. I'd call them potboilers but that's an insult to potboilers.
The article did mention that the group of authors would all agree to write about a similar subject to push each other's books up in the rankings. I guess if a bunch of people each decide to write a romance about an arrogant real estate agent and have to churn the books out in a month or less, you'll probably get some pretty similar stuff. Just a guess though.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote