View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
I'd prefer to have reviewers use "spoiler" tags if their reviews contained such. I sometimes like to read reviews to get ideas for books or to help me decide if a book I'm thinking about would be right for me. If I didn't know whether a review contained spoilers or not it would keep me from using the reviews posted. I suspect this would be the case for others as well.

What you're referring to is more a book discussion thread--something I see as being different from a review thread. I'd join a discussion threat to discuss my feelings about a book after reading it, I read through a review thread to get other peoples' opinions to help decide if I want to read the book or not.
I agree. If I read a review it's likely because I want to get an idea if a given book is one I would enjoy reading or not. So I wouldn't want plot points being given away before hand. And I think that the reason for reading a review is to see if it is worth spending my $ on or not. No one wants to buy junk after all. We all want to get our money's worth when we buy something. That's why people read reviews and look at customer feedback for places like Amazon and Ebay. To see if the product is likely to be worth their time and money or not.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote