View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #16
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
Maybe the "this year" part was meant to address the question, but you're right that it's not a very successful answer even if so intended.
In an evasive way, they essentially confirmed that the 6.8" device is not yet funded.

What they neglected to say was what it would take to get it funded. And that is the crucial point, particularly with a campaign which has already been funded.

Before a campaign has reached its funding goal, a backer can withdraw their support at any time. It is a simple process.

However, once a campaign has been funded, from what I understand, any refunds are at the discretion of the campaigners. They can offer a refund or not as they so please.

Because the 13.3" campaign achieved full funding, I assume that the campaigners would continue to receive all funds pledged. Because they have recently added the 6.8" device as a perk to this campaign, I would assume that they would also receive the funds pledged for it as well.

Had they started a new campaign for the 6.8" device, they would not receive the funds until the end of the campaign. Consequently, there would be ample time for any backers to withdraw their support if they realized that the campaign was not going to reach its goal.

For their Kickstarter campaign, they set a goal of $48000 Canadian. To reach that goal they would need backers for about 180 devices. Last time I checked, they had pledges for about 35 devices.

Do they really need to sell 180 devices to make this ereader a reality? What will happen to the funds pledged if they don't meet that goal? What insurance is there for people who want to back out if they decide that it is taking too long to meet the required goal?

Those are questions which need to be addressed. Particularly since they have opted to add the 6.8" device as a perk to an already funded campaign rather than starting a new campaign for what is a new product.

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-27-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote