View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@davidfor - Re library sensitivity, I agree it would be better if the base search history was library specific. IIRC when the PI was first developed its history was not the same as baseline product, might have been that back then the baseline history was session data or something. But now they are the same.

The PI kb shortcuts are always available, ie I can hit alt/→ alt/← anytime. Whereas if I take focus away from the search bar then I have to ctrl/f and arrow up/down. I do most everything via keyboard shortcuts or the context menu. Due to hand injuries I avoid using the mouse.

AFAIK Mark Books and Temp Marker are the same. The only issue I know of with 'marking' is with Find Duplicates, it maintains a persistent list of Duplicate Exclusions. You find some books that the PI considers to be duplicates, but you know they're not, so to prevent them showing up in future Find Duplicate searches you exclude them. For performance reasons the Find Duplicates PI loads the exclusions when calibre starts. So the recent addition of the gold pins means they show for the excluded books when you start calibre - but by definition the Marks are temporary - so it confused people; I think many had forgotten they ever created any exclusions.

It would be better if the loading of the exclusions was done when the Find Duplicates PI is run. With the various changes Kovid has made to the database etc I doubt performance would be an issue today, but kiwidude would know better than me. I start calibre in a marked books VL, tap alt/shift/m to clear them. If I want to run Find Duplicates (infrequent), I restart calibre.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-14-2014 at 05:13 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote