View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Moreover, there is a fundamental principle which I increasingly find surprising I need to make explicit in current society: privacy and anonymity. The identity of the books I read, like almost everything else, is strictly personal to the outmost terms, by principle and more.
The reason it's increasingly surprising to you is that its not a principle that's as fundamentally held as you believed it to be. *shrug*

I understand that some people feel that way--and that's fine. But like it or not, the internet is changing how society views privacy and anonymity. And there never was a "life, liberty, and the pursuit of anonymity" clause.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote