View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
Crueltyfre
Crueltyfre began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
problems with custom date column

I have made a custom column which is to be the date I read a book. I choose "column type" of "date" and "format for dates" is yyyy mm.

[IMG][/IMG]

The column shows up correctly and yyyy is displayed correctly.

The mm aspect is totally messed up and seems to pick random numbers that do not correspond to anything (days or months). I've seen the number 59 there for instance. I can click this column once, and it will display, for example, "2014 38" and then click on another book and it will display "2014 16" ...it is not consistent which screwy number it picks.
If I click on the drop down arrow the calendar month is shown, with the correct day highlighted, but this does not fill in the correct day or month into my column.

[IMG][/IMG]

I can manually go in and highlight the screwy digits that are suppose to represent the months and manually change them to the correct digits and they do change and stay correct. I'm just sick of doing this.

This has been occurring over multiple versions. Since updating to 2.14 it's gotten even more annoying...if I accidentally fill out this column for the wrong book, it will not allow me to delete the entry, so now I have a "date read" for a book I haven't read simply because I clicked the wrong line/book.

What am I doing wrong here? How can I get this column to simply display the correct year and month that I read a book? How can I delete entries in the wrong row?
Thanks

Last edited by Crueltyfre; 12-31-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: left something important out....
Crueltyfre is offline   Reply With Quote