View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 11:02 PM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
I bought just 4 books:

Roma by S. Saylor ~20-21$ - read it partially from the library but didn't get to buy it in print so it was the first book I got - being a big fan of Mr. Saylor Roma sub Rosa series but hating multi generational books about a place I was not sure about this book that covers 1000 years of Rome's prehistory and history in several episodes about key moments with a bit of fantastic thrown in (1000 BC to Augustus and the birth of Christ); after reading it end to end I have to say that this is an excellent book with absolutely memorable characters

Superluminal by T. Daniel ~6$ - this one I have in hc but wanted to show my appreciation and maybe one more sale will convince Mr. Daniel publishers to give him a contract for the final book of the trilogy which right now is in limbo

The Name of the Wind by P. Rothfuss ~20-21$ - the one fantasy debut that rivals GRR Games of Thrones and Goodkind's debut in sales; read it from the library and used the credit to get it too - it's a truly excellent book

How We Play the Game in Salt Lake and Other Stories ~4$ - collection by M. Shayne Bell - this was a filler to get to 50$ (I ended spending 1$ extra) but I enjoyed it quite a lot
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote