View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #45
llurgy
llurgy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.llurgy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.llurgy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.llurgy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Lindle
I too am looking for a new ereader WITH an inbuilt dictionary. It is going to be for my 'just' 13 year old daughter. She has just started to really read her way through the young adult books and is coming across vocabulary that she sometimes doesnt know, even when reading it in context she is sometimes still puzzled.
When reading a DTB she will have the dictionary someplace close. When I let her read for a while on my Kindle she loved the inbuilt dictionary for its ease of use (our DT dictionary is one of the large tomes, not a pocket edition).
She has done nothing but complain about having to use the big monster book since I took my Kindle back. We compromised and now she borrows my iPod Touch to look up words until she gets her own ereader.
So.....Yes, an inbuilt dictionary is a must!

I will however not be going for the Nook until they put folders on it. I am looking for something better than my Kindle 1 to tempt me away from the Amazon format. The Nook would have won out if it would have only incorporated some sort of folder organization into its firmware.
llurgy is offline   Reply With Quote