View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
ISSUE : Sigil is very slow to open The_Deed_of_Paksenarrion.epub from Baen Webscriptions, taking around 90 seconds. The epub is 1.4Mb in size and contains around 30-ish chapters (1350 pages or so on my Sony 505).

It takes between 8-10 seconds to respond to a single character deletion and around 15 seconds to respond to a carriage return in the middle of a paragraph, displaying the Mac rotating beachball each time.
There have been some reports of issues like this. From what I can gather, it is very rare.

Tell me, does this happen with all epub books, or just this one? If it's just this one, then create the issue and attach the epub... otherwise I don't know how to help you. If it happens with all epub books, then it must be your system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
In addition, it opens this epub and displays it centered whereas my Sony 505 displays the epub as left justified... I not sure if this is just the default behaviour where justification is not set in the document.
This is unrelated, and not a Sigil issue, but a Sony PRS-505 issue. The Mobile Digital Editions version on the 505's always displays books left justified, even if the markup in them specifies full justification. So your book is probably fully justified.

They fixed this in later versions of Mobile DE, hopefully we'll get it in the firmware update that's coming at the end of this month.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote