View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #25
MissileMax
MissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Nook Touch, Nook simple touch, Note2
S-Pen

I started this thead on the S-Pen compatibility, but since then I have been using my eDGe less and less and fear it's days are numbered for me. My two remaining uses for my eDGe were note taking, eBook reading and saving webpages as ePubs. Both of which are slowly being replaced by my Note2.

I like reading on my eDGe better due to the eInk display, but I find that my Note2 is always with me, so I end up reading it on the Note while waiting inline, then my page on the eDGe us lost and eventually I get to lazy to page though the book to find my place. I don't want to rekindle the display argument, but the Note's screen seems amazing to me.
Then there is reading at night and while I am driving. At night I have the colors on my Note2 set up perfectly to not strain my eyes. With my eDGe, I would set the LCD screen to full white and use it to light up the eInk. And I use Cool Reader to read my eBooks aloud on my commute to and from work everyday...

For note taking, I find myself using S-Note more and more during meetings. The Note's Wacom pen sensor seems to be more accurate and even across the screen. Both devices can save my notes as PDF's, both have nice tools for shapes. The Note beefs it up with color, pictures, embedded audio, integration with the camera, pictures, etc.

There is only one capability that my eDGe delivers that my Note2 doesn't. I use my eDGe to save web sites as ePubs that become handy for reference material and/or for future reading. I have not found any method that can top the ease that the eDGe achieve this. I am trying to get the eDGe's webbrowser copied over to my Note to see if it might work.

-MissileMax
MissileMax is offline   Reply With Quote