View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #105
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Tom, despite all of his other moderating duties, has worked very hard to make sure all book club participants have been heard on the various aspects of this club. Yes, this month has been dedicated to procedure, but it was for the very reason of not having to go through all of it over again next year. Becuase of all of these polls and discussions, the procedures for 2012 are set.
If this works, then technically, the procedures for 2013 and on are set. If this doesn't work, then this time next year, everyone will again get to voice their opinions.
I am dismayed at the "I'm taking my ball and going home" reaction. Tom could have very easily acted as a dictator, and whatever we got was all we would get.

Personally, I am looking forward to next year, even though I didn't get everything I wanted. Why, because, I love the idea of this club, I love be encouraged to read genres I would normally pass by, I love having a place to discuss those books, with (sometimes) like minded individuals, and I love learning new things (like Sun Surfer's tidbit with the Christmas Carol - Over on the December thread).

I have made the book club a part of my personal reading challenge for 2012, and I hope I can find and afford every selection.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote