Thread: a REAL crop!!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Hi I'm also desperately looking for a way to actually crop the pages. I am having the exact same problem but the source is from a poor scan. I can read two or three pages on my iTouch and then I have to flick through about 4 pages of gibberish so I can get back to the good stuff again. It's really annoying. Can anyone suggest a free alternative for cropping PDF's? The Adobe crop may work on Sony readers but it is not working on my Epub version for Stanza on my iTouch!
If your end goal is ePub (not just a cropped PDF), you can:
1) Crop in Acrobat
2) Export as HTML
3) Open the HTML file in Stanza or Calibre
4) Send to iPod Touch

(I actually edit it in Sigil after converting)

On the Mac, you can even do the "non destructive" crop in Acrobat, export as HTML, then open the HTML file in Safari, select Print, and "save as PDF" in the print dialog...ending up with a PDF that is destructively cropped (i.e. headers and footers will be gone)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote