View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #31
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
For example, I came across the word 'irrefragable' in a Richard Dawkins book last week. Although I had never seen it before, it was pretty obvious from context that it must mean something like 'impossible to argue with' (and no, I still haven't looked it up).
Huh. I would've guessed 'impossible to frag, because someone already fragged him and he came back' ...

One-touch dictionary wouldn't be a make-or-break feature for me, either. Although if it were one-touch wikipedia, I might be tempted!

Re the OP - I think you have a good point about the risk:benefit ratio offered by B&N... they really could provide a bigger incentive. Maybe they just figured they'd have enough preorders without the incentives.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote