View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #2064
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I hear you, and you have valid concerns, but to be perfectly honest, the issue is not with Kindle, but you trying to side load books and using Calibre; nice software but certainly not designed by Amazon. Amazon's intentions are actually clear, you getting or buying books from them.
I call bullshit. A reader should work work without any connection to the internet. If I disable the reader's network, it should (IMHO) automatically disable all functionality that needs online access, instead of starting you to nag to connect.

If there's one thing that makes me abandon software, then it's nagging and trying to try and force things upon me.

I have a KPW1, and it already nags quite enough when inadvertently hitting a button that starts a function that needs web access, such as Wikipedia. If the KPW2 nags even more while using the device, that might prompt me to look into other readers in the future.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote