View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
Riva3000
Calibre fan
Riva3000 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex 800SG, iPhone 3GS (shelved: iRex iLiad, KindleDX, Adam tablet)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
First of all: is every RTF you converted using *the same Calibre settings* turned into something 'unreadable' (that is, without tweaking)?
Answer is: Yes. Every RTF *with national characters*, converted with default Calibre settings, yields the same result - broken ePub with unreadable diacritics.
I tryed to convert several RTFs, from different sources. With the same result.

Quote:
Fiddling with different settings won't help to dilucidate the question unless that's the case.
Agreed.

That sayd, I even tryed to fiddle with some Calibre's conversion settings. None fixed the problem or made any visible change in the resulting ePubs.

Quote:
If some files convert OK and some don't (always using the same conversion options), you need to keep in mind that visually identical documents may be very different in their structures -- that applies to pretty much every format and makes conversion a really hairy issue, and it's only downhill from there.
I understand that. But I have little knowledge about RTF file format specifics to find out if all my RTFs are similar in formating / character encoding etc.
They *seem* the same

I knew couple threads that marginaly deal with RTF problem in Calibre etc, but Im recovering from nasty flu now so I'll be more active soon
Riva3000 is offline   Reply With Quote