View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #51
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
Just saw the pearl display spec on the eInk.com(http://www.eink.com/sell_sheets/pear...ll%20sheet.pdf):
White State: 70 (minimum)
Dark Sate: 24 (maximum)

If the above spec applies, all 3 ebook readers I've tested are well within the spec for the max dark state with 18 for K4, 22 for K3 & 20 for NookSTR. In the end, they're all fine, I myself couldn't reliably tell which one is better than the other as the viewing condition changes just by eyeballing them.
Since these three devices use the exact same screen you have kindly shown us there is variation amongst Pearl e-ink. If the device we receive doesnt seem contrasty enough, try another for better quality.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote