View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i beleive someone mentioned having a category for foreign language books, i definitely would like to encourage more non-english works (more french ebooks please !) but i think a better idea would be to create tags for the languages but keep all languages together in the appropriate categories. for 2 reasons :

1. if we make a category called "french" and all the french books are in there, that means fiction will be mixed with horror will be mixed with romance and it will be chaos (much like the current single french thread which is for talking about everything, as long as it is in french). unless we create a whole new series of categories, identical to the original ones, but for each language. this seems excessive to me.

2. if the books are categorized all together but *tagged* with languages, i can search for all books in french for example, or i can browse all the mysteries and discover that not only do we have Arsène Lupin in english, but we also have those books in the original french ! yay ! (we don't yet actually, as far as i know, but i plan to remedy that...).

other than that, several suggestions have been made since i last posted and they all seem good to me. looking at wallcraft's list, it seems to me we could use the mobi subjects (the second line for each category) as tags. the only thing i disagree with is putting graphic novels with juvenile fiction. i don't know whether we could have enough of them to merit their own category, but i do think they're not automatically for children, and it's not a good idea to put them there.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote