View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #57
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I know about the on-off debate, too, though I've never seen enough hard data one way or the other. However, everyone's concern about wasting power is beginning to have an overriding voice in my head. Though my aging home PC takes 10 minutes to fully boot up (no lie), I'm leaving it on less and less when I leave it.

Besides, in my office, no one logs-in to their PCs remotely (except the IT staff). I understand it's mostly for office-wide updates, but I fail to see why one night wouldn't be sufficient for duties like that.

And besides, besides... are you ready for this?... if you turn off a PC in my office, the network magically turns it back on overnight! So, you could turn it off every night, and updates could be saved up for just one night, when the network switches the PCs on and loads everything. So, what're we leaving them on all night, every night for? I don't know!

Um... what was the topic again?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote