View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 08:44 AM   #56
salamanderjuice
Evangelist
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I hated typewriters.
Also both those makes are inferior layouts with no
|
\
beside the Z.
USA is less than 13% of world and many there use Spanish.

I do add a firm spongy-rubbery strip under the rear of the laptop or on the monitor stand for a separate keyboard – to raise the tilt angle to taste – and I like one very slim at the front so the "heels" of my hands rest on the desk.

There seems to be fashion for selling retro styled everything, designed by people that once think they saw something in a Ladybird book when they were three, perhaps twenty to forty years ago. In other words if you never saw the real thing in real life and squint at the current product it looks sort of retro. Radios, toasters, record-players, kettles, amps, food mixers etc that don't really resemble anything ever made in the past and are often abysmal quality, like a 2.5" speaker when original thing it's pretending to look like had a 6" or even a 5" x 7" elliptical. Driven by an earphone amplifier.
Quirkywriter at least offers a selection of layouts. I imagine the UK layout they have is an ISO layout with stupidly big enter key an cut down left shift to make room for the key they removed by having a stupidly big enter key?

I personally hate keyboards with the cut down left shift and they are sadly becoming more common here so now whenever I replace my laptop I have to hunt for one that actually has a US layout and doesn't just show it in the picture online.

EDIT: Looking at it again they do show the layout and the UK one cuts down left shift but still has a small enter key...

Last edited by salamanderjuice; 06-14-2021 at 08:46 AM.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote