View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 09:24 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra_w View Post
Yes, the power switch is fine, if the device is active, press the switch can put it to sleep mode, press again 3-5s later also can wake it up, but if leaving it longer in sleep mode, the switch is useless
I have a distinct memory of someone reporting a problem like that some time ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the solution was. But, I would start with reinstalling the firmware. That is just to make sure the install is clean.

After that, I would probably try resetting the config file. Rename the "Kobo eReader.conf" file and and restart the device. That will create a default config file. If there is an unusual setting in there, it should be cleared. And you can put it back if it doesn't help.

After that, you could try signing out of the Kobo account and back in. Again this clears a lot of settings and data which includes the database. When I do this, I take a full copy of the books partition so I can restore it if it doesn't help.

The final way would be a full factory reset. Do this from either the Developers option menu or manually using the last method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD. These methods wipe the root partition and restore the factory firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote